2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 11:47 AM by pmitola

NOD ESET Antivirus removal

pmitola Apprentice

Hi,

Has anybody found a way to silent uninstall NOD ESET AV and then install the Kaspersky AV w/agent?

• 1. Re: NOD ESET Antivirus removal
          nick.evans SupportEmployee

Hi Pmitola,

Silently removing AV is typically not something AV Vendors support, because it would be really easy for viruses to then exploit the ability to just take off your AV before they begin their malicious actions. That being said, you could potentially try identifying ESET's guid from the registry and running the uninstall cli for it. Example: msiexec /x {4A18C875-B374-4868-B7EA-06CF2DD59FCC} /qn

You can find uninstall guid's under:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

I haven't tried that out, but I have suspicions that AV might not like being called that way.

Lots of AV vendors also provide uninstall utilities specifically because AV doesn't like being removed (leaves you vulnerable etc). ESET lists theirs here:

How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET product?—ESET Knowledgebase

Their tool appears to be CLI, so you might be able to script out answers in a batch file.

• 2. Re: NOD ESET Antivirus removal
            pmitola Apprentice

Thanks.

This is the batch file i used to remove ESET

"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Antivirus\callmsi.exe" /quiet /forcerestart /uninstall {8ED84DFF-181F-44F1-AE6F-673819F12254}