2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 1:29 PM by Matt Dermody

How to set up Linux/Firefox to access Avalanche AvaCfgCE configuration

diego.torres.zamora Rookie

I have a AVA 6.1 Server. To access the WebConsole is no problem. But if I try to edit the Enabler Configuration Software to edit/change parameters.

I already installed "WINE" to execute Windows executables. What do I need to configure to make my Linux working correctly with the Avalanche Configuring packages?

Here are some Screen-shots:

This is one of the packages I want to edit.

AVA_CFGCE1.png

I open the Java with IcedTea

AVA_CFGCE2.png

Here is the error message I receive.

AVA_CFGCE5.png

• 1. Re: How to set up Linux/Firefox to access Avalanche AvaCfgCE configuration
          diego.torres.zamora Rookie

Sorry, I forgot one ScreenShot. The IcedTea opens the Java. But then, to access the configuration utilty I receive the error.

AVA_CFGCE2.png

AVA_CFGCE4.png

AVA_CFGCE5.png

• 2. Re: How to set up Linux/Firefox to access Avalanche AvaCfgCE configuration
            Matt Dermody SSMMVPGroup

diego.torres.zamora

The issue is likely due to the fact that the Enabler Configuration Utility is itself a Windows Executable (exe). The Java utility is only the initial pop up wizard that leads you to the Enabler Configuration exe. I'm not really a Linux expert by any means but maybe you could use Wine or another Windows Compatibility layer to run the EXE within your environment.

Even if you do get the utility to run, I'm not sure if it will successfully update the Avalanche package after you make the configuration changes within the utility. That still could be an issue that may drive you toward using a full blown Windows environment. But watch out for updated version of Chrome and IE11 since they won't work either thanks to NPAPI deprecation! It's kind of funny how Wavelink moved toward a web console in order to be operating system and browser agnostic but with the heavy reliance on EXE configuration utilities and Java plugins we're now stuck using Firefox in Windows environments in order to properly use it.