I just encountered an issue, where I cannot see any reason why this was happening. First of all: The issue was fixed (at least for now) by editing and saving the process.
- The ServiceDesk ist configured to generate an Incident when receiving en email to a certain mailbox - pretty basic that!
- The DB was set up to start the process-IDs with no. 10001 - also pretty basic
- there are two different mailboxes referring to the same process: Prio1 and Prio2
The issue was as follows:
- When receiving an email to Prio1-mailbox there was a retur email e.g. "Process 70 was generated" But there is no "process 70" to be found anywhere. Emails sent to Prio2 worked just fine.
- restarting invound mail and background service (jsut as a precaution)
- Great now both mailboxes generate processes in the lower numbers an cannot be found
- reconfiguring the mailboxes and the bindings didn't help
- so next step: opening the process, changing something minor and then saving it - voilà: Everything is fine!
Has anyone seen something like this before and has an idea what is causing this?
Thanks in advance.