1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 8:15 AM by John Stuart-Robson

Upgrading from 7.7.1 to 7.8.2

willial Rookie

We have been running on version  7.7.1 for approx. 18 months and are looking to upgrade to latest version.  One of the reasons we wanted to upgrade was to fix the issue with Webdesk queries - we currently are unable to query using both date and another criteria, have previously been advised that later versions would fix this.

I would like to know how complex an upgrade from 7.7.1 to 7.8.2 would be - I have a DBA that could do the upgrade although they don't have specific Landesk knowledge, or knowledge of the tables etc.  I am unsure how complex the upgrade is or how long it would take.

I would also like to find out some more information about any new features and bug fixes that 7.8.2 brings.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Upgrading from 7.7.1 to 7.8.2
          John Stuart-Robson Employee

Hi There,

An upgrade from 7.7.1 to 7.8.2 should be relatively straight forward.  You would need to upgrade the software on each of your servers - Web Server/App Server and any machines that have the console installed.  Once you have upgraded the software, you would need to run the database upgrade from within the configuration center web application.  Prior to running the upgrade, a database backup would be highly recommended.  As for how long it would take, I cannot say, but as the version hop is relatively small, I would say a couple of hours plus. 

Some useful information can be found here:  Announcing LANDESK Service Desk 7.8.2 and here LANDESK Service Desk 7.8.2 - What’s New in LANDESK Service Desk.  More in depth information about the upgrade can be found here: LANDESK Service Desk 7.8.2 - Upgrade Guide

If you feel totally uncomfortable about the upgrade, please do not hesitate to contact your account manager to discuss a Professional Services Consultant visiting you.

Best Regards

John