Workstation:

Windows 7 SP1 w/latest vulnerability patches

LDMS 9.6 SP2 agent with hotfix 0610

Core Server:

Windows 2012 Server

LDMS 9.6 SP2 with hotfix 0610 installed. w/latest vulnerability patches

LDDA 9.6

Scenario:

• Workstation is connected to internet only (personal ISP)
      • Verify LDCSA connections work
        • Run Inventory scan. Result: P
        • Remote control through LDCSA. Result: Pass
        • Run Security and patch scan. Result: Pass
        • Open Portal Manager Result: Pass
        • Select "Refesh" button in Portal manager. Result: Fail with error "Fail;ed to load packages"

From PolicySync.exe.log:

RollingLog :

Run PolicySync.exe

09/23/2015 11:07:15 INFO  9096:4RollingLog : LoadLocalPolicyInfo: load local machine
      09/23/2015 11:07:15 INFO  9096:4RollingLog : LoadLocalPolicyInfo: load user
      09/23/2015 11:07:18 INFO  9096:3RollingLog : Request: failed get target info.
      09/23/2015 11:07:18 INFO  9096:1RollingLog : PolicySync: failed request
      09/23/2015 11:07:18 INFO  9096:1RollingLog : Exit PolicySync.exe with code -3

From PolicySync.log

Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:07:18 GetLdapInfo: ldapwhoami.exe failed - err=1355

Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:07:18 GetLdapInfo: use cached logon info

Wed, 23 Sep 2015 11:07:18 GetLdapInfo: not a valid ldapinfo, return E_FAIL

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Interestingly enough, I do not see an error if I back-level "PolicySync.exe" to the version that comes with LDMS 9.6 SP1. However, Policy-based software deployments seem to only work if I add individual machines to a task as targets. It does not work if LDAP queries are used to target machines.

PolicySyncError.PNG

Message was edited by: Charles Tank Update: Installed patch D96-CP_BASE-2015-0812F as instructed on core server and client machine Result: Problem still persists. Note: One thing that I noticed was that the "Policies" folder under "C:\ProgramData\LANDesk" was not created during the LANDesk agent installation. Reinstalled new agent created from updated LANDesk core server. Result - no change. with no change. Another test: I set the patch to "Autofix" and ran a LANDesk Security and Patch scan on another machine connected via LDCSA. Rebooted Logged in and attempted to run a "PolicySync" using the refresh button in LANDesk Portal manager. Result:  Problem still persists Reinstalled new agent created from updated LANDesk core server. Rebooted Logged in and attempted to run a "PolicySync" using the refresh button in LANDesk Portal manager. Result:  Problem still persists Note: The "Policies" folder under "C:\ProgramData\LANDesk" already existed. No change- problem persists. Next step is to put on dancing shoes to do monkey dance with LANDesk support again.