8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2008 5:29 AM by sandeepkumar

How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method

Rookie

Hi,

Can any one help me .

i dont know how to make Custom Data form available through policy based method to Management Gateway Users.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

• 1. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

You would need to create a policy that copies the appropriate form to the ldclient directory on the target machine.  The forms are *.frm and reside in the ldlogon directory.  If you open them in notepad you can see which one is which.

Any mechanism that gets them to the client should be fine (e.g. package builder).

Providing your client is setup to launch forms then the data should be collected and transmitted with the normal inventory scan.

Mark Star - http://www.marxtar.com

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk

• 2. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
            Rookie

HI,

Thanks for your reply.

I had tried through package builder but it is too long and tedious.

My file name is frm323.frm in ldlogin folder on Landesk Server.

Is there any batch file method so that if scheduled as policy it downloads the .frm file and copies it to the client LDClient folder.

Please help me.

Thanks & Regards.

Sandeep

• 3. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Package builder isn't all that difficult once you are used to the scripting, just don't use the snaphot method.

But, you should be able to create a batch file method.

Create a batch file that when launched copies your form from the sdmcache directory to your ldclient directory. Then when you create the distribution package, place your form in your distribution web share and add it to the package as an additional file.

This should do what you need.

• 4. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
                Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I had created the batch file in this way.

LocalSch.EXE /exe=sdclient.exe /cmd="/f /p="http://landeskserver/ldlogon/FRM323.FRM" /dest="C:\Progra~1\LANDesk\LDClient\FRM323.FRM" /lanpps=0 /wanpps=0"

Saved this script with name of .bat as extension.

Now when i ran this batch file on one of the local system in LAN which also could not download the batch file from the above mentioned link.

Please guide me.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

• 5. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
                  MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

I actually meant to create a distribution package for a batch file and add the file as an additional file.

This should have the added benefit of being distributable over the management gateway.

• 6. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
                    Rookie

HI,

I had created a package for  Batch file but not in additional file but as main file only.

It does downloads the batch file but it gives error as shown below while running the batch file

Pls find the attached file for the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep

• 7. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
                      MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

You don't need to do this, all you need to do is to get the form into the ldclient directory.

Create a batch file that copies the .frm file into that directory from the sdmcache directory.

Set this up as a package and add your form as the additional file like I showed in the screenshot

When scheduled, it will donwload the batch file and the .frm file and then launch the batch file

You do not need to try to launch the localsch.exe at all (plus in your csreenshot, localsche.exe is being launched from the wrong place and the error is saying that it can't find the file because the working directory is not ldclient.

• 8. Re: How to make Custom Data Form available through Policy based Method
                        Rookie

HI,

I tried creating the package with custom data.bat as additional file. Now while saving this it was giving an error that main file is not specified.

I had now created a package in which custom data.bat file was the main file and i also added frm9D.frm as an additional file.

Please find the batch file command below:

Del "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\*.FRM"

Copy C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\package\Custom Data Form\FRM9D.frm C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\FRM9D.frm

I think this will delete the previous all the custom data form which was installed along with my agent and then after that it will copy from sdmcache\package\Custom Data Form\FRM9D.frm to LDClient\FRM9D.frm.

Now once it had downloaded this Policy then it has send an error stating "INCORRECT FUNCTION".

Please correct me where i am going wrong. My command is some where wrong or what?

Note: Once the batch file with FRM9D.frm was downloaded it was seen under the below mentioned path:

C:\Program Files\Landesk\LDClient\sdmcache\package\Custom Data Form\FRM9D.frm.

Also when i tried manully running the batch file command for copying the file from sdmcache\package\Custom Data Form\FRM9D.frm. manullay on the client system so as to check where i am going wrong it showed that below mentioned error:

C:\Documents and Settings\sandeep.APSLMUM>Copy C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient

\sdmcache\package\Custom Data Form\FRM9D.frm C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\F

RM9D.frm

The system cannot find the file specified.

Regards,

Sandeep