3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2008 8:10 AM by gstew

Downloading Virus Defs

Rookie

I have just activated a trial version of Security suite for LDMS 8.7.  I am running SP5 with mini rollups 3 and 4 installed.  When I try to download the latest virus definitions, I get the following error - UpdateVirusDefinitions.exe returned an error code: -4 (0xFFFFFFFC).  I am able to download product updates and spyware definitions just fine.  What do I need to do to be able to download the virus definitions?

• 1. Re: Downloading Virus Defs
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

See how this goes:

1. Check that there is no information listed in the proxy settings even if they are greyed out.

2. Test another download site - i.e. "West Coast" instead of "Europe" for instance.

3. In the "\coreserver\ldlogon\antivirus\" directory there is the "UpdateVirusDefinitions.exe". Open a CMD window, and manually run it from the CMD window. If this completes successfully, then run the update again from the console.

4. In the "\coreserver\ldlogon\antivirus\" directory there is a bases folder. Rename it to Old-bases and then open a CMD window, and manually run "UpdateVirusDefinitions.exe" from the CMD window. It should recreate the bases folder. If this completes successfully, then run the update again from the console.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Downloading Virus Defs
            Rookie

Running updatevirusdefinitions.exe from the command line downloaded the current defs.  Howerer when I run the update from the console, I still get the error...

• 3. Re: Downloading Virus Defs
              Rookie

I had to add *.landesk.com to the ACL on our Proxy.  I am able to download everything now...