3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2015 6:00 AM by mgeertsen

Download statistics in inventory

Expert

Hello.

Can someone please confirm if I understand that "Download statistics" in inventory correctly.

Is "Peer bytes" the amount of data that this devices has downloaded from other peers and "Source bytes" are the amount of data that other devices have downloaded from this device?

Or is "Source bytes" how much data this device has downloaded from non-peers?

download stats.png

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Download statistics in inventory
          bcstring SupportEmployee

mgeertsen,

Peer Bytes = Amount of data downloaded FROM other peers on the subnet.

Source Bytes = Amount of data downloaded FROM Preferred Server and Source file servers.

This data is contained in XML files on the client in the \Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\stats\ folder as well.

These stats are for data incoming to that machine, we don't currently track amount of data a client would have served out to its peers by providing them files. Please let me know us know if there are any other questions.

Thanks,

Bryce.

• 2. Re: Download statistics in inventory
            Expert

Thank you for clarifying this, Bryce.

It would be nice to know how much data a device has served to other peers - e.g. in a troubleshooting situation where a device is reported having low performance of some sort. If agent settings allow 100% download speed from local peers and a lot of devices end up getting their data from the same device for a large deployment, then I'd guess that could have a potential impact on that device in regards to disk and network performance.

I might create a enhancement request for that.

Thanks again.

• 3. Re: Download statistics in inventory
              Expert

If anyone is interested, an enhancement request has been created for logging outgoing peer data as well - Expand download statistics in inventory to include outgoing peer data