1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2015 6:38 AM by masterpetz

OS Provisioning Query

Alessandro_Antonini Rookie

Hello

I would like to enqury all pcs that have been provisioned by month

I'm using this syntax : Select task_name,DISPLAY_NAME,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE from PROV_HISTORY_TASK where [HISTORY_TASK_STATE] = 4

and I've got the list pc pcs provisioned ... but

How can I filter by Month ?

which syntax I've to add ?

thank in adavance

Best Regards

• 1. Re: OS Provisioning Query
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Alessandro

you can use the following Syntax to split the date to day, month and year. This query would list all devices ordered by year and month descending:

SELECT DISPLAY_NAME, DATEPART(DAY,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE) AS DAY, DATEPART(MONTH,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE) AS Month, DATEPART(YEAR,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE) AS Year FROM PROV_HISTORY_TASK WHERE [HISTORY_TASK_STATE] = 4

GROUP BY DATEPART(DAY,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE), DATEPART(MONTH,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE),DATEPART(YEAR,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE), DISPLAY_NAME

ORDER BY Year DESC, month DESC

If you want to filter for a special month for example September, you have to modify the where part as shown here:

SELECT DISPLAY_NAME, DATEPART(DAY,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE) AS DAY, DATEPART(MONTH,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE) AS Month, DATEPART(YEAR,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE) AS Year FROM PROV_HISTORY_TASK WHERE [HISTORY_TASK_STATE] = 4 AND DATEPART(Month, LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE) = 9

GROUP BY DATEPART(DAY,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE), DATEPART(MONTH,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE),DATEPART(YEAR,LAST_ACTION_STATUS_DATE), DISPLAY_NAME

ORDER BY Year DESC, Month DESC

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Christian

1 of 1 people found this helpful