8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 1:46 AM by masterpetz

AV not updating on schedule

pmitola Apprentice

I set my AV settings to update the virus definitions everyday at 10pm, but the clients are not updating at that time. I have to manually schedule/run the updates on the computers.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: AV not updating on schedule
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

You can check the log on the client "C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Log\ldav_update.log". Maybe you can find some Info’s there why the Patterns are not downloaded. Additionally open a cmd on your client and navigate to “C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient”. Now enter “localsch.exe –tasks |more” and look for an “ldav.exe /update” task. Alternativly you can search for this task through the LDMS console in the inventory of one client under “LANDESK Management – Local Scheduler – Scheduled Tasks“. You should see numbers from 1 to x. Search there for the update task.

If there is no such task, something is wrong with your agent settings.

Kind regards

Christian

• 2. Re: AV not updating on schedule
            pmitola Apprentice

Ok so i check out the task and logs and the last time it got any updates was on October 2 and another computer was Sept 30.

I checked my schedule virus update on the agent and i had it set to 10/2/15 at 10pm, repeat after 1 day, Time range: 10pm 10pm.

I changed the date to 10/9/15 at 10pm and just changed the Weekly between: Sunday to Saturday. Before that i had it set to NONE.

Will that work you think?

• 3. Re: AV not updating on schedule
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

It depends what you final goal is…

It’s not necessary to set the weekly cycle. If you set “Repeat after” – “1 Days” that should do the thing. What I would suggest is, because we are talking about important AV pattern updates, to even remove the time range. If you leave it as it is actually, only these devices will be updated which are online at 10PM if the device is offline update will not be done.

If your goal is to only scan for the devices on the weekend, than you could set the weekly range from Saturday to Sunday but in your case the weekly cycle is not needed.

Hope that helps

Christian

• 4. Re: AV not updating on schedule
                pmitola Apprentice

I would like the clients to check for definitions everyday at 10pm. So i have it set to Start 10pm and repeat after 1 day. all other settings are set to None.

Now will the computers that have AV get these new definition settings during a vulscan or would i have to create a new task to update agent settings?

• 5. Re: AV not updating on schedule
                  masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

This should work but you have to be sure the clients are online at 10PM.

• 6. Re: AV not updating on schedule
                    pmitola Apprentice

Yes i know. Most of the computers, i would say anywhere from 80-90% are online but i have hundreds of computers out of date. Even with the 10pm setting.

• 7. Re: AV not updating on schedule
                      masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Can you check on an affected client if there is a vulscan.log around 10PM. It should be about 20Kb and should contain something like "/showui=false /downloadbehaviors /KLBehavior=" where the KLBehaviour should be the ID of your LANDESK antivirus setting. Do they match?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: AV not updating on schedule
                        masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

are you happy with the settings now?

Regards

Christian