1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 8:53 AM by PLaFortune

Licence Information for MC9200

Rookie

Hi I am using below configuration and RF guns

Model, P/N:       MC9200

Wave link version: MOT_MC92_N0_WM65 Telnet CE (WM6.5)  (I tried with 7.0 but not able to host it on RF gun Due to compatibility issue let me know if I need to use any other)

Brief Description:  

We are trying to use these guns in integration with SAP server.We have published services (address: in screen shot) for SAP transaction which are going to access from RF guns.

• Need to know the exact information about license we will required.
      • Which License from wave link ?
      • Do we need to have Avalanche or Telnet will suffice our need.
      • What is OEM license we need it ?
      • How to procure them?
      • where and how install them?
        • 1. Re: Licence Information for MC9200
          SupportEmployee

Hello,

• Which License from wave link ?

You are going to want to get a license for Wavelink Industrial Browser. This is not a separate download/install. It uses the same TE that you already have. It does use different licensing though. So be sure you are asking for / selecting to get Industrial Browser.

• Do we need to have Avalanche or Telnet will suffice our need.

You do not need to use Avalanche, although it does help with deployment, and management of your mobile device inventory. And you do not need to get any Telnet Emulation licenses outside of Industrial Browser, unless you want to use a VT/IBMHost type session

• What is OEM license we need it ?

You don't need any device specific information to get the license. During license registration, you will be asked for Manufacturer, Model, OS, and if you want standard or international version. These really have no bearing on the license that you get. We just use that information to give you a download link at the end of registration(which you probably already have).

When you are registering for the license, just make sure you register for the version of TE you are installing. IE: 7.3.197, register for 7.3. A 7.2 license would not activate on the device.

• How to procure them?

I would suggest visiting www.wavelink.com and checking out our How to Buy section. You have the option to Buy Online, contact one of our re-sellers, or work with a Wavelink Sales representative directly

• where and how install them?

If you are not using an Avalanche Management Console, check out this guide on installing the Telnet(Industrial Browser) Client

Installing Telnet Client on a Mobile Device using Active Sync