3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 8:25 AM by cri

Silent installation using AutoIT script not working in LANDesk 9.6

Rookie

I am new to LANDesk, I have created an AutoIT script to suppress installation popups for Air Touchstone SP1 application, as it is not accepting any silent switches and not allowing to generate response file.

Thanks,

Manjunath

• 1. Re: Silent installation using AutoIT script not working in LANDesk 9.6
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

You might need to give a bit more information. Is the package an MSI? Are you expecting it to give popups but it isn't?

Please descrive exactly what you have setup, what you expected to see/happen and what you actually see/happen.

I have used AutoIT a number of times for this so know it can work.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

• 2. Re: Silent installation using AutoIT script not working in LANDesk 9.6
            Rookie

Hi Mark,

Sorry for delay in response, below are the details of application:-

• Source is an executable, during installation it prompts few dialog boxes and It is a service pack, do not want to make it MSI.
            • I tried by passing silent switches to source exe, there is no luck, hence created an AutoIt Script to pass control (like NEXT) to dialog boxes.
            • Calling both source and AutoIt exe in  batch file, application gets installed silently in system context ( psexec.exe)
            • When I pushed it via Landesk, installation started and I am able to see application and custom exe processes in task manager of client machine. Even after an hour both processes are still running.

Addition info:

AutoIt.exe contains script to wait for the dialog box and pass required control, hence if autoit exe fails to read dialog box, it won’t pass control to it.

• 3. Re: Silent installation using AutoIT script not working in LANDesk 9.6
              cri Apprentice

Are you really sure that there is no silent switch at all? you should ask them if you have support for this application.

If you have no other choice (and that whould suck because it is a very hazardous way of distribute) make sure that you checked : Display full package interface in agent settings of your distribution task because I don't think you can simulate a click to an interface that don't show up, it will not be a silent install but an passive install at least.