4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2008 10:40 AM by jmichno

Unable to load Antivirus scan engine

Rookie

I installed LDMS SP1 for 8.8 and noticed the Antivirus real time protection is disabled.  This only happened after SP1.

I get the error message:

"Unable to load antivirus scan engine. Error -2147467259 (0x8000405). Please contact your IT representative for repair options.

The only way I could fix this was to uninstall the agent and re-deploy the agent.

Simply re-deploying or updating Antivirus did not work.

Has anyone else had this issue?

• 1. Re: Unable to load Antivirus scan engine
          Apprentice

Hi,

Not sure if it's identical to yours but we're seeing a similar problem. Our problem looks like this;

- AV icon will have the red cross bar on it.

- Open AV and Real Time Protection will be disabled

- Attempt to enable the Real Time Protection and a error code will pop up "Unrecognized failure: 0x80004005"

- LD Security Scan does not fix

- Redeploy AV agent fixes the problem.

Real problem is that this is now happening on both prior to SP1 clients and post SP1 clients.

Perhaps someone will respond with a known fix?

Cheers,

• 2. Re: Unable to load Antivirus scan engine
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

There's no "known fix" per se, because the symptom can stand for many, many different causes.

The cause is usually listed in the AVSERVICE.LOG (you'll find this in - "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDeskAV\") - and each different reason require a very different approach.

It's one of those "one symptom - many causes" things which is why it isn't just a case of "perform action X on this file" or "run this command line" to resolve it - it's a singular head wearing many possible hats :).

So it's usually easiest contacting support (with the AVSERVICE.LOG of the affected machine in tow) and we'll work from there with you.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 3. Re: Unable to load Antivirus scan engine
              Rookie

I've had similar issues, but if i was to call tech support each time i've had this come up i would never get off the phone.  We have of 24000 computer that AV is running on and this is how we fixed the issue.

I created a Query for machines that have AV installed but the LANDesk AntiVirus Service is not Running.  Then created a script to remove av and then reinstallav then to run an inventory scan.  This has worked wonders for me.  Here is how simple my script is:

REMEXEC0=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\vulScan.exe<qt/> /removeav /rebootaction=never /showui=True /taskid=%TASKID%, STATUS

REMEXEC1=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\vulScan.exe<qt/> /installav /rebootaction=never /taskid=%TASKID%, STATUS /showui=True

REMEXEC2=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\LDISCN32.EXE<qt/> /NTT=%server%:5007 /S="%server%" /I=HTTP://%server%/ldlogon/ldappl3.ldz /NOUI /NOCD /F /sync

I show the UI just so i can let the staff or student know that the AV is getting reinstalled.

KID

• 4. Re: Unable to load Antivirus scan engine
                Apprentice

KID,

Can you list your query as well?