3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2008 3:52 AM by phoffmann

error encounter while creating a file

Rookie

After deploy packages it show error "error encounter while creating a file".How should I do?

• 1. Re: error encounter while creating a file
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Well - looking at the log-file for your task would be probably the most intelligent thing to begin with - since you didn't describe what you're trying to do, let alone how?

Log-files for software distribution (client-side) can be found in two places:

• C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\

==> SDCLIENT.LOG

• C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Data\

=> SDCLIENT.LOG

=> SDCLIENT_TASK##.log

In this case, particularly the SDCLIENT_TASK##.log (where ## == the number/TASK_IDN of the task in the database's "LD_TASK" table) will be useful and tell you where the client has downloaded his files from (i.e. what peer / which preferred package server) and what sort of error has been encountered and where.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: error encounter while creating a file
            Rookie

Thank you for your suggest me but I don't see log file in

C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\Data\ (don't see data folder) but I right click at my task on error page and select view log file.It have error in attach file.

• 3. Re: error encounter while creating a file
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

You don't have a ... Data folder?

OK ... try and create one by hand - and run Inventory. At the very least, it should hold an LDAPPL3.INI (and an "SDMCache" directory) then.I would say that probable something in your permissions or so is borked, as that should be created at agent install.

And ... we are talking about a Client, right? I am assuming you're running this against a client machine?

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead