9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 11:03 AM by hhmis

Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder

hhmis Apprentice

Greetings all. We're looking to add email reminders to our "Incident Task" process for when a note is added to a task. I had set everything up in the process for this to happen, but came across a problem. It seems as though the runtime values I set for the group/assignee attribute are not working. I have tried different runtime values (CurrentAssignment/Group, LatestAssignment/Group, etc) but none seem to send out a reminder. I have found that if I set the value type to a macro value (like Current Group), the reminder goes out to the current group, however, this is not a good option for us as we would want the reminder to go out to the current/latest assigned group of the task.

Here are some screens of how I have this setup:

This is the task reminder on our process, as it follows the add note action:

SDTask1.JPG

Here's the Value Type settings for the Group attribute:

SDTask2.JPG

Here is the task reminder accessed from the audit trail on the task, after it has gone through the process (after adding a note to a task. Note the Group field is blank:

SDTask3.JPG

I also ran a query on the "Task Incident" object to see if the fields I'm selecting (current/latest assigned group) returns data. The query does show data for the fields.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
          Andrew Swindells SupportEmployee

Hi,

May seem like an obvious question, but the task is assigned to a group?

• 2. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
            hhmis Apprentice

Yes. I can see on the task itself and also on the most recent assignment in the audit trail, that it has a group defined.

• 3. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

I wonder why your marked fields are different? If I select the runtime value like in your second screen, then the value should be "Task/CurrentAssignment/Group". But in your first screen the selected value is "_Task1/CurrentAssignment/Group". Could that be the problem?

Regards

Christian

• 4. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
                hhmis Apprentice

Christian, you may be on to something... I looked in Object Designer to see how the relationships are setup. I'm thinking its not setup correctly:

This is the "Task Incident" relationship on the Incident\Task Reminder object. Note that its labeled as _Task1:

SDTask4.JPG

This is the "Task Reminders" collection on the Incident\Task Incident object:

SDTask5.JPG

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm thinking the related attribute on the Task Reminders collection should not be "Change".

• 5. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
                  Andrew Swindells SupportEmployee

The following value type works for me on a test task.

1.png

2.png

• 6. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
                    hhmis Apprentice

Assuming this is an issue with the relationship in object designer, I just tried to create a new relationship to access Task Incident from Task Reminder. It creates the relation as _Task2. I choose the value type of "_Task2/CurrentAssignment/Group" on the task reminder in the process. Testing the process again yields the same...no email .

• 7. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
                      masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Huh, that looks really strange!!!

When I look in my “Task incident” Object I have the following:

The reference in the “Task Reminder” object in Incident looks like this:

These are built-in objects, normally only user added objects has the _1 pre and suffix. And what the “Change” reference has to do in the task reminder of the incident is strange too…

It seems someone deleted accidently the original relationship and created the new one which could explain the “_Task1”. What you have to do now is to drag the “Task Incident” object on the “Task Reminder” and say “YES” for a collection. Then reference to the new object in the runtime value. Just to verify, can you check the “Assignments” collection on your “Task Incident” object? Does it point to “Task Assignments”?

• 8. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
                        hhmis Apprentice

Yes, the assignments collection does point to "Task Assignments". I created the collection as instructed. Here's what it looks like:

On the "Task Reminder" object:

SDTask7.JPG

On the "Task Incident" object:

SDTask8.JPG

On the Value Type in the task reminder in, in the process:

SDTask9.JPG

Group is still blank when running through the process:

SDTask10.JPG

Any other ideas?? I appreciate everyone's feedback. Thank you.

• 9. Re: Runtime Values not working for Task Reminder
                          hhmis Apprentice

I logged a support case for this. They discovered the "Change" attribute on our Incident.TaskReminders actually linked back to the Incident.Task object. Turns out the title had been set to "Change" . Simply changing the title from "Change" to "Task" let us see the correct runtime values on the process. Incident.TaskReminders are now working!!

Thanks all for your help!