6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2015 1:36 AM by John Stuart-Robson

Add Note is not sending an EMail to Raise User

agadayev Apprentice

Hi, I am having an issue where the Notify Raise User attribute in Notes is not sending an email out to the user specified in the Raise User field in notes. I am using an out of box process that has an Add Note action with a decision and two reminders attached to it. To clarify the user in Raise User is a different analyst. My question is what might be broken and what configuration should I check? PS...The assignee receives an email in every occasion.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Arthur

• 1. Re: Add Note is not sending an EMail to Raise User
          John Stuart-Robson Employee

Hi Arthur,

The primary function of the Raise User attribute on the note object is to identify who created the note.  More specifically when an update has come in via email.  The notify originator function on the note object should notify the Raise User of the incident itself.  The out of the box Add Note functionality will notify whoever specified on the note (Originator or Assignee) if the note has been created by the Current Assignment User.  If the note has not been created by the Current Assignment User, then it will notify the Current Assigned Analyst.

I hope that clears a few things up for you.

Kind Regards

John.

• 2. Re: Add Note is not sending an EMail to Raise User
            agadayev Apprentice

Hi John, thank you I wish I had this answer when I started with Landesk SD. Would you have a suggestion as to how to best communicate with users via ticketing system. I took training classes but the trainer was anti email and telling us to persuade users to use the portal thus did not give me answers about emails. The help desk function in my company is to provide a white glove service and use all means the users are comfortable with, they prefer email. I will try using Reminders but with them I can not (CC) anyone from the ticket or simply add several users to send an email to. Essentially, I want to keep the communication trail with in a ticket and don't want to communicate outside of the system.

Thank you in advance,

Arthur

• 3. Re: Add Note is not sending an EMail to Raise User

Hi Arthur,

Apologies for the delay in responding.  There is cc recipient functionality you can enable. 

Have a look at the following article to enable cc recipient functionality -How to get 'CC Recipient' functionality working on Outbound emails in Service Desk.  In enabling this functionality, whenever the notify originator tickbox is used, the cc'recipient is included in the email. 

Good Luck!

John

• 4. Re: Add Note is not sending an EMail to Raise User
                agadayev Apprentice

John, thank you for your response, this is very helpful. A few more questions.

1.  Is there a way to see on an incident who was CC'd on an email that was sent to the Service Desk system?

2. I created "Incident CC Recipient" window and added a relationship to the User Object. Once I pick a user name it populates the email address but I get the following error message:

Invalid notification recipient. An Email recipient must specify an email address and must not specify a related User, Group or Role object. My question is, I want to be able to: a - manually insert the email address and b - have it auto populate once the user is picked from the drop down?

3. What is the best way to communicate with a user and task assignee thru an incident? 

Thank you,

Arthur

• 5. Re: Add Note is not sending an EMail to Raise User
                  agadayev Apprentice

Hi anyone know the answer to these questions.

Thank you,

Arthur

• 6. Re: Add Note is not sending an EMail to Raise User

Hi Arthur,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.  To answer your questions:

1.  Unfortunately it is not possible to see who was cc'd on an email that was logged by ServiceDesk, the only way would be to view the email itself.

2.  You might need a copy rule from your user object to copy the email address and title into the recipient email and title fields respectively.  This way you can manually type in an email address and title as well as selecting a user.

3.  I would suggest the task assignee adds notes to the main record rather than the task, that way the user can see the notes on self service if required.  You could of course copy the add note functionality from the incident process into the task.  The user will have visibility of the email but not the notes. 

I hope that answers your questions!

All the best.

John

:-)