1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 12:42 PM by Tanner Lindsay

Starting a deferred task

Rookie

LDMS 9.6 SP2 812F

We're beginning a large deployment where we are allowing the end user to defer the task a number of times. We're trying to strike a balance between being annoying while still allowing the end user to install on their schedule. At the moment we're setting 12 hours which effectively is once per day, but this isn't ideal.

If an end user snoozes/defers a policy task, is there a way for them to start that deployment without waiting for the next popup? We could make an alternative task available in the Portal, but my assumption is that they'll get prompted to install again when the deferral timeout expires.

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: Starting a deferred task
          Tanner Lindsay SupportEmployee

There isn't really a perfect solution for your use case in the product right now. I think it sounds like a good idea, and gives control to the users. I'll pass this along and we will what we can do about it in the future.

While not perfect, you could just set the task to allow it to be run as desired, but in that case it won't prompt them, so depending on what you are deploying, that might not be viable.

1 of 1 people found this helpful