2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2015 3:51 PM by bialae

How copy or transfer Barcode Web Form Rules from old core to new core

bialae Apprentice

We have a new LANDesk Management Suite Core and there are a lot of things/items needed to be copied of transferred from the old Core.

Regarding Data Analytics' Data Translation Services, please may I ask how to copy or transfer to the new Core, all the Rules I created in the Barcode Web Form.

Thank you so very much.

Ernie

• 1. Re: How copy or transfer Barcode Web Form Rules from old core to new core
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

You need to export all of the individual building blocks and then import them in a particular order.

So if you have a form that is part of a form group and the form relies on certain rules and these rules belong to a particular rule group you need to think how these all relate.

In the scenario above you would need export everything individually and to import:

1. Import the rules
            1. Unless these exist already nothing else can reference them
          2. Import the rule groups
            1. As the rules exist, the group understand what should be included in it
          3. Import the Web Forms
            1. These are now able to reference the rules/rule groups as they already exist
          4. Import the Web Form Groups
            1. They can now reference the web forms themselves

So you need to be clear on the dependencies at each stage as the export doesn't export everything that is linked/referenced.

Even below all of this is the presence of custom fields. If you rely on the presence of custom fields/data you should do your best to get that modelled in beforehand. You 'might' be OK with unmodelled data but only you can tell based on what you are bringing in. For example, unmodelled data would normally be lost if a machine sends a full synch inventory scan. Web Form data often gets lost at this point.

Hope this helps.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://landeskone.marxtar.co.uk

LANDESK One Development Partner

The One-Stop Shop for LANDESK Enhancements

• 2. Re: How copy or transfer Barcode Web Form Rules from old core to new core
            bialae Apprentice

Thank you so very much Mark.

I just did today the steps exactly as you gave me and it worked.

Thank you again for the very great help.

Ernie Biala