2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2015 10:35 AM by mmartinvegue

How to user Wild cards in Data Analytics Import Data Wizard

mmartinvegue Apprentice

I am in Data Translation Services under Import Data.  I have created a rule that will match !Computer.Serial Number! between two tables and insert an Asset Tag Number where the two Serial Number match.  This works fine with there is an exact match but my problem is many of the serial numbers in one table are only partial Serial Numbers.  Meaning, to get this to work I need to insert a LIKE statement and/or wild cards but this is not working.  Here is my statement

This statement works

Where !Computer.Serial Number! = SerialNumber

These do not

Where !Computer.Serial Number! LIKE '%SerialNumber%'

Where !Computer.Serial Number! LIKE '%SerialNumber'

Where !Computer.Serial Number! LIKE %SerialNumber%

Where !Computer.Serial Number! = '%SerialNumber%'

and I have tried many more combinations.

Is there a way to get wildcards and Like statement to work in Import Data Wizard?

• 1. Re: How to user Wild cards in Data Analytics Import Data Wizard
          egarlepp Employee

Here is a similiar example of combining multiple statements in DA for what you are looking to do.. Hope this helps...

(!Computer.Barcode! = Serial_No OR 'S' + !Computer.Barcode! = Serial_No) AND Material_No IN (SELECT PartNum FROM MP_CDW_Parts WHERE MP_CDW_DeviceDesc_Idn IN (SELECT MP_CDW_DeviceDesc_Idn FROM MP_CDW_DeviceDesc WHERE MP_CDW_DeviceType_Idn = 1))

• 2. Re: How to user Wild cards in Data Analytics Import Data Wizard
            mmartinvegue Apprentice

That does help.  I think what I need is something like this.

(('1s' + !Computer.Model Number! + !Computer.Serial Number! = SerialNumber) OR (!Computer.Serial Number! = SerialNumber))

But that doesn't work.

Is there a good way to test this where I see the output and what is going wrong when it fails?  Currently I just Edit the Import Data Wizard rule then drag and drop the node into that run and run it.  When the field doesn't update then I know it failed but I don't know why or how to fix it.