4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 31, 2015 4:49 AM by sanees

How to uninstall landesk service desk 7.8.3

Apprentice

HI All

I tried to install landesk service desk 7.8.3 client on my win 8.1 pc . After the installation i realised that i gave in the wrong server name because i could not login. I then tried to uninstall landesk through control panel but now i am getting the below error message.

I also deleted the landesk folder from c:\program file x86\Landesk

Can some body please help on this

landesk install.png

• 1. Re: How to uninstall landesk service desk 7.8.3
          Paul Hyman Expert

Hi

Just to let you know that if you put the wrong server name in you can correct this in the console.exe.config and the consolex64.exe.config files once installed.  Those config files are stored in "C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Service Desk\Console"

In the current state you are in with the install you could either go back to a restore point on the computer (this is a microsoft OS restore).

or you could try and go to

C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ServiceDesk\Install

There will be a sub folder with a version number you can try and rename it and then go add remove programs and try and uninstall it will error about not finding the install and remove it from the list.  Then try and reinstall.

Thanks

Paul

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to uninstall landesk service desk 7.8.3
            Apprentice

Hi Paul

I can see that 7.8.3 is listed under C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ServiceDesk\Install

and when i double click on setup it still fails as shown in the above pic. And if i rename the 7.8.3 folder and go back to control panel i cannot see landesk or console listed in add remove programs

• 3. Re: How to uninstall landesk service desk 7.8.3
              Apprentice

Paul after renaming it, i could now proceed to further steps but it is now failing on upgrade step

Thanks

• 4. Re: How to uninstall landesk service desk 7.8.3
                Apprentice

Deleting the Landesk folder on C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\ and rebooting pc fixed the issue. I am now able to install service desk 7.8.3