1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 10:12 AM by nick.evans

Activating Windows 7 via Proxy Server during Provisioning

Rookie

Hi Folks,

I hope you can shed some light on what seems to be a tricky task.

We're trying to activate W7 via a Proxy server (as we have no internet access without it) but I'm unsure of the best method to do so.

What I am trying is to set the Proxy as my user which has Internet access. Then trying to activate via "cscript //B "%windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs" /ipk <key>

Firstly, this brings up a dialog box confirming the request, which I do not want as this halts the next step(s). Also, the next command "cscript //B "%windir%\system32\slmgr.vbs" /ato" (minus the quotes!

Finally, this always fails in any event as I don't think the proxy server is actually applied and/or the user specified or the context is wrong at which these commands are applied.

Do I need an autologon as the actual user to do this instead of 'running as' the user? Seems such a simple thing to do, but I can't figure it out. We've tried to allow the required addresses to be allowed from any login, but this appears to have no effect as a user is always prompted for when tried manually, so I'm aware it's not a LANDesk error.

Any hints please?

• 1. Re: Activating Windows 7 via Proxy Server during Provisioning
          nick.evans SupportEmployee

Hi Neill,

You said you get a prompt when running your command. If you acknowledge the prompt, does everything succeed (meaning your vbs was successful)?

If yes, I believe including

//B //nologo

is supposed to run cscript silently, you could try including that switch.

If the vbs script still fails to setup the proxy though, then getting the script to run silently is secondary to getting the script working.