Has anyone ever used Landesk SLM to monitor the usage of Java? If so, how did you set it up and are the numbers accurate? I'm trying to find workstations that have Java installed but haven't been used so that I can remove it.
I gave this a run and it seems to be showing me accurate numbers but I want to make sure before I go ahead and remove Java from these workstations. Here is how my setup looks:
- Created a new Custom monitored product
- Installation detection is coming from a query I made for workstations that have any version of Java 7 installed
- Usage detection I added every java.exe file that is version 7
- Total of 6,729 devices with Java 7 installed
- Total of 4,892 devices have never used it
- Total of 1,186 devices haven't used it in 90 days
Basically that's saying only 651 workstations have used Java 7 total. I want to believe that number but I also want to check and see if anyone else has done something like this before. Is there another file besides java.exe that I should have it monitor for usage?
Landesk 9.6 SP2