2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 11:00 AM by GreggSmith

how does the support contract renewal works with Xtraction?

laiju.sukumaran Rookie

Dear All, How does the support contract renewal works with Xtraction? Do we need renew only the product support services? OR Do we need to renew all inclusive of the server license/user licenses and connector licenses?

• 1. Re: how does the support contract renewal works with Xtraction?
          guillaume.serton Apprentice

Hi, you have to renew all of them, i suggest you to reach you LANDesk Partner to discuss that.

• 2. Re: how does the support contract renewal works with Xtraction?
            GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Hello, the annual payment is for product maintenance and support.  It provides you with access to the current releases of the product, as well as technical support.

That annual payment is usually a percentage of the total cost of your server license, user licenses, and connector licenses.  Of course, if you no longer use a specific connector, and no longer require support or assistance updating that connector, then that specific connector can be removed from the calculation.

I do not think you can break it out and say you want technical support but not access to the new versions (maintenance), or you want the new versions (maintenance) but not technical support.  I think it is an all-or-nothing decision.

Having said that, you should discuss this with your LANDESK (or LANDESK partner) account representative for your specific options, in case they may be different from what I outlined above.

Thanks,

Gregg