5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2016 8:07 AM by medackal

Unable to deploy drivers in WinPE on HP

JKoslowski Apprentice

I've been trying for 3 days now and our new HP Prodesk 800 G2 will not get an IP in WinPE boot because it doesn't pick up drivers.  I am deploying via USB stick and everytime I've attempted to modify the boot.wim I've re-setup the USB stick to ensure its getting the latest boot file.

The NIC is an Intel I219-LM and I've pulled the 64 and 32 bit drivers from the HP website and have verified that they're the same as the desktop (E1D62x64.sys or E1D62.sys).

I've attempted to add them via Landesk as layed out in this article How to add drivers to WinPE for Ivanti EPM OS Provisioning and manually added them here How To: Use DISM to Manually Inject Drivers into the Boot.wim

I've added both 64 and 32 bit drivers but no luck.  I've reached out to Landesk support but have not heard a response and we're dead in the water in deploying new images.

What am I missing?

We do not PXE boot, we boot from a thumbdrive which I've re-setup after I've added drivers to the boot.

FIXED - Loaded the 64 bit NIC drivers for Windows 8.1 into the preboot as outlined in this article How to add drivers to WinPE for Ivanti EPM OS Provisioning