Query Designer won't be able to give you an average. You will be better off using Crystal Reports to get the report you need. We have a subset of reports which might be what you are after here:
If you were interested in this reporting pack, you may require some Professional Services to enable these reports.
Hope that helps.
If you are licensed for it then the MI module can also do averages.
I have just found out that we are licenced for the MI module please could you tell me how I would go about doing these queries?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
First you need to add the MI admin module to one of your shortcut groups in console (MI server-side setup needs to be done here) and then you can setup the data gathering side. The output side is via WebDesk or Self Service dashboards and the "Trend" gadget.
Best bet rather than trying to "reinvent the wheel" is you read the short MI manual first. Find this at https://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-39841.
The functions that are available depend on the output types of the metric’s query:
- Sum – adds all of the numeric values returned by the selected attributes in the query
- Avg – calculates the arithmetic mean of the numeric values returned by the selected query attributes
- Count – counts the total number of rows returned by the query
- Min – returns the smallest value returned by the selected query attribute
- Max – returns the largest value returned by the selected query attribute