3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 1:17 PM by JBnCO

    Mac ldscheduler stops working after a day or two

    JBnCO Apprentice

      I wanted to see if anyone else is seeing this with their Mac agent.  I have tested on 10.9-10.11 with the same result.

       

      Running 9.6 SP2.

       

      After about 1 1/2 to 2 days, ldscheduler will start failing to run the scheduled tasks.  In the LANDESK.log file, you will see the entries below.  LCLaunchAndGetPID failed.  I have had a ticket open with support since September and have tried CPs up to 2015-1105A.  We follow the CIS benchmark guidelines in configuring our image and have not found any setting that we have in place that would cause this to occur.  This has been occurring since we updated to SP2 along with the BridgeIT-2015-0701 and Base-2015-0812 CPs.

       

      Thanks in advance for any feedback the community can provide.

       

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: runCommand = /Library/Application\ Support/LANDesk/bin/ldapm -r

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: LCLaunchAndGetPID Failed: /Library/Application\ Support/LANDesk/bin/ldapm -r result = -1, pid = 0, removing from queue

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: TaskQueue removeTask ldcron-ldapm.xml removeObjectAtIndex:0

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: processFile: /Library/Application Support/LANDesk/scheduler/ldcron-ldapm.xml

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: Next run time for ldcron-ldapm.xml is 2016-03-01T11:26:58MST

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: runCommand = /Library/Application\ Support/LANDesk/bin/ldiscan

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: LCLaunchAndGetPID Failed: /Library/Application\ Support/LANDesk/bin/ldiscan result = -1, pid = 0, removing from queue

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: TaskQueue removeTask ldcron-ldiscan.xml removeObjectAtIndex:0

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: processFile: /Library/Application Support/LANDesk/scheduler/ldcron-ldiscan.xml

      Mar  1 07:26:58  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: Next run time for ldcron-ldiscan.xml is 2016-03-01T11:26:58MST

      Mar  1 10:26:28  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: runCommand = /Library/Application\ Support/LANDesk/bin/vulscan

      Mar  1 10:26:29  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: LCLaunchAndGetPID Failed: /Library/Application\ Support/LANDesk/bin/vulscan result = -1, pid = 0, removing from queue

      Mar  1 10:26:29  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: TaskQueue removeTask ldcron-ldpatch.xml removeObjectAtIndex:0

      Mar  1 10:26:29  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: processFile: /Library/Application Support/LANDesk/scheduler/ldcron-ldpatch.xml

      Mar  1 10:26:29  ldscheduler[90] <Info>: Next run time for ldcron-ldpatch.xml is 2016-03-01T17:26:29MST

        • 1. Re: Mac ldscheduler stops working after a day or two
          JBnCO Apprentice

          Update on the issues.

           

          It appeared that the scheduled tasks stopped working after a vulscan.  I eliminated the vulscan from the process and everything is working fine now.  Looks like vulscan is causing corruption and causing the scheduler to fail.

          • 2. Re: Mac ldscheduler stops working after a day or two
            Northice Expert

            Have you already created a ticket with support regarding this?  If so, will you reach out to me and let me know the ticket number? 

             

            The developer would like to get a copy of the landesk.log file.  Also, did you have restart the box after you removed vulscan to get things to work? 

            1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Mac ldscheduler stops working after a day or two
              JBnCO Apprentice

              Thanks for the reply Northice

               

              I do have a case open with support and have since September.  The case number is 00853384.  There are plenty of logs and a lddispatch crash file in the most resent uploads.  We also ran this on a vanilla 10.11.3 box without any modifications and the same thing occurred.

               

              I didn't have to restart the box after I removed vulscan.  I just deleted the ldcron-ldpatch.xml file from the scheduler dir after the agent installation.  I also configured the agent to run vulscan every 365 days.  I let the install-ldpatch run but killed the scheduled ldpatch file.