normally if an E-Mail is processed and a new Incident is created the Attribute Raise User is automatically selected from the sender e-mail address and you should have the correct record selected.
Thanks, Fabian. It does populate properly in the incident ticket itself. It just doesn't pull that info onto the dashboard properly. Here's a screen shot of the dashboard:
We want the column titled Submitted By to be the sender of the email. Is the correct attribute Raise User.Title or something else?
If that works fine, that's the first step.
You said, you already tried to replace your "submitted by" attribute in your query with the attribute raise user.title?
Did you remove and readd the query to your dashboard? Maybe it is a problem with caching or modification to the query on your dashboard. Try adding a new gadget to your dashboard with the same query and see if there is a difference.
Usually "Submitted By" equates to "Creation User" which would surely show the System account if it came through email. Like Fabian mentioned, I would use RaiseUser.Title and just change the header of the column in the query designer to ready "Submitted By". The RaiseUser is populated based on an email match that it finds in the system. RaiseUser.Title should give you your desired result.
Thanks! I was able to fix it. I found that I was viewing the wrong query. Once I found the correct query, I changed Created By.Title to Raise User.Title.