5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2016 4:24 AM by cbhornet

    Lost contact (inventory scan)

    Apprentice

      Hi,

       

      I have installed LDMS2016 on a Windows 2012 r2 server, I deployed the agent on this server. I ran an inventory scan but it say "lost contact". Do you have any idea ?

       

        • 1. Re: Lost contact (inventory scan)
          SupportEmployee

          Hello, in LDMS 2016 the inventory scanner contacts the core over SSL by default and goes through the IIS web service.

          So what you will want to do is find out if this problem affects one client or if it affects all clients.

          If it affects one client you will want to troubleshoot networking connectivity from client to core.

          If it affects all clients please see the troubleshooting section in this document. Training and new features for LDMS 2016 Inventory

           

          Thanks

          Brandon

          • 2. Re: Lost contact (inventory scan)
            Apprentice

            Hi Brandon,

             

            Thanks for your reply.In fact it is a migration from 9.6 sp2 to 2016. all the "old clients" seems to work properly but if I deploy a new client I have this error message. To be honest I an a little bit lost ......

             

            Regards

            Pascal

            • 3. Re: Lost contact (inventory scan)
              SupportEmployee

              Hi Pascal, the troubleshooting section in the document I referred you to does cover steps to take to troubleshoot problems communicating to the web service front end for inventory. Please let me know if those steps help.

               

              Thanks

              Brandon

              • 4. Re: Lost contact (inventory scan)
                Apprentice

                Hi Brandon,

                 

                Client seems to be able to contact the Server over the port 443

                 

                 

                The Client is able to resolve the core name

                 

                 

                When I run an inventory scan from the Client It seems to be ok but from the core I have the "lost contact error"

                From the Client if I run a patch and compliance scan I have the following "error" and it stay block on this Windows (it is retrying and retrying)

                 

                 

                I have several SCN files in ldscan Folder

                 

                For all the postingData I have always 202

                2016-03-08 14:04:31 10.120.65.100 POST /postingData/scan.upload prefix=ldscan\decomp&suffix=.SCN 443 - 10.120.65.100 - - 202 0 0 2500

                For all the ScanInstructions I have always 200

                2016-03-08 01:37:48 10.120.65.100 GET /ScanInstructions/CSEPServices/Report/{28B923D7-1EB2-CA49-9F2B-F98078ABD25E}/XDD_ARP/10.120.65.0--25/Enabled - 80 - 10.120.65.100 - - 200 0 0 828

                2016-03-08 01:37:48 10.120.65.100 GET /ScanInstructions/CSEPServices/Report/{28B923D7-1EB2-CA49-9F2B-F98078ABD25E}/XDD_ARP/10.120.65.0--25/Enabled - 80 - 10.120.65.100 - - 200 0 0 15

                 

                If I turn off post to web I have the same result

                 

                 

                Regards

                Pascal