3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2008 4:29 PM by MarXtar

Reports differ in results

Rookie

I have been working with LANDesk on getting the LANDesk Management Suite 8.8 SP1 Reports / Standard Reports  /Benefit analysis / LANDeskvalue report to present a single set of data (i.e., bars) and in doing some comparison reports I found differences in the values being reported.  For example,  on the LANDesk value report one of the values displayed is for number of Remote control sessions in the legend.  On the LANDesk value report the number of Remote control sessions reported is 835.  In comparison I ran the Reports / Standard Reports  / Remote Control / Remote Control Summary and select 'All logged data' the number of sessions are reported as being 3461.  So from my simple perspective I am seeing a substantial difference between the  two reports which look like they are reporting the same metric.

I have reviewed the materials found in the Help for LANDesk Management Suite and the LANDesk Management Suite User's Guide and do not find anything to help with my confusion.  Is it just me or is this an issue others have seen and dealt with?

• 1. Re: Reports differ in results
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

It is different data.  ROI data can get reset at any time but that does not delete all of the data held in the remote control report.  You get a report that shows the value since the last reset.  i think that is so that you can look at values on a month by month basis.

Mark Star - MarXtar LANDesk Enhancements

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Reports differ in results
            Rookie

If the data are different then the reports need to be edited to imply different metrics. 

I am curious about how to reset the ROI data so that I don't. My view on ROI is that it (ROI) is an ongoing historical metric.

What would be nice is to have the ROI report 'date ranged' so that I could ask questions like: a) “how much value has LANDesk provided me since day 1; and b) how much value did LANDesk provide me for the month of July 2008?

• 3. Re: Reports differ in results
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Agreed, it is a bit odd.  The reset button is found under one of the buttons, the one that sets the default values.

If you want historical information like that perhaps take a look a NetworkD's iRecall http://www.networkd.com/LANDesk_Add-On_iRecall.html

From what i can tell, this looks like it might do what you need. .

Mark Star -

MarXtar LANDesk Enhancements

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk