3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 11:26 AM by DrNelson

Time Off Request for Analysts

DrNelson Apprentice

We would like to automate time off requests for our analysts. I have built the form in the HR module. I also saw that you can set up an appointment for analysts and view a calendar.

Is there anyway to put these fields on the request and actually be able to fill them in, instead of having a separate assignment.

I know you can use resource manager to set up the appointment part but I would like to be able to do that on the form itself, not the separate assignment window.

• 1. Re: Time Off Request for Analysts
          Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

I'm not quite sure I follow what you are trying to accomplish.  Are you wanting to just have a form that will put the entry into a calendar on Web Desk within Service Desk?  If so, the easiest way may be to create a new BO that is a reference list then set that object to be schedulable.  Create a relationship to your main object where this form is built and add the field to the form.  Then when they fill out the form, have them choose something like "Time Off" from the calendar type.  Then you can add your calendar gadget to the web and set your Reference LIst BO as the object and "Time Off" as the calendar.  Hopefully this is the direction you are looking to go.

Maybe something similar to this:

https://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-28469

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Time Off Request for Analysts
            JulianWigman Expert

In my personal experience with Calendars you CAN create a calendar entry from within the process but you CANT update it very well or delete entries.   We've attempted to deliver a couple of projects around internal and external calendaring for our customers over the last year and none have been able to fulfil the create/update/delete from process and we've had to abort.  LD Support have done the best they could to support us with this but unfortunately IMHO and those of my consultants that were at the coalface trying to deliver this, the product still has some ways still to go unfortunately until it can be used seamlessly through a process.  Hopefully it will come in a future release though and we remain eager for that day for sure, but if anyone has cracked this use case to date then please could you share ASAP as I'd be interested too! 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Time Off Request for Analysts
              DrNelson Apprentice

Thanks for the help everyone. I am not sure what we are going to do at this point.