6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 6:00 AM by Mark6785

How to migrate WebAccess dashboards to WorkSpaces (BridgeIT)? (Without recreating them)

Joe.Barham Apprentice

Hello:
      Is there an easy way to migrate the dashboards that were created in WebAccess to WorkSpaces without recreating them in the console?

Thanks,

Joe

• 1. Re: How to migrate WebAccess dashboards to WorkSpaces (BridgeIT)? (Without recreating them)
          ProServices

Hi Joe,

Any dashboards you create in Web Access should already be in Workspaces.  Currently there are some configuration properties on each dashboard gadget that you can configure to choose how its represented in Workspaces.  So for example I can choose what picture a particular link in Workspaces will show as, what color, etc...  If this isn't selected it will show a default picture, color, etc...

You should be able to see this in Web Access in designer mode if you have administrative rights and look into the properties of any of the gadgets on a particular dashboard.

• 2. Re: How to migrate WebAccess dashboards to WorkSpaces (BridgeIT)? (Without recreating them)
            Joe.Barham Apprentice

In Workspaces (BridgeIT):

I am lost, how do I choose which dashboard shows?

How do I add / update / delete links under the IT Support Analyst / Self Service navigation?

When the consultant from LANDESK came here, he helped by creating a dashboard called "Support Me" I can not see that dashboard in the console's Dashboard Designer.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How to migrate WebAccess dashboards to WorkSpaces (BridgeIT)? (Without recreating them)
              ProServices

My advice would be to maintain/update that Support Me dashboard in web access itself.  If you login, you may not have access to update that dashboard.  You'll know if you do if you have a white arrow pointing down at the upper right hand corner of the screen when logged into web desk. 

1.  Its important below to log in as someone who has access, in the below picture Im logging in as SA to make sure I have access.  You will need to be sure whomever you're trying to edit or create dashboards as has access to do this.

2.  Here I  can see I have access to maintain and edit dashboards because when I click the downward arrow I can set myself to design mode.  You need to be in design mode to update dashboards for everyone and not just yourself (personalize mode)

3. Then I can right click where the red arrow is in white space and choose to add a new link to a query, dashboard, a url, whatever I want.  You can create a new link here to your Support Me dashboard so you can open it.

4. Now that Im in the dashboard I can update existing gadgets(the boxes of queries, links, graphs, count queries, etc...) by clicking on the downward arrow in the gadget itself or create a new one by clicking in some blank space.

A guide that goes through the administration of this can be found here under our documentation section too.  It also explains the difference between the dashboard designer you're using in the console vs. creating a dashboard in web access.  Remember, any dashboard you create in web access will be created in Workspaces right now.

ServiceDesk 2016 WebAccess Admin

Hope this helps

• 4. Re: How to migrate WebAccess dashboards to WorkSpaces (BridgeIT)? (Without recreating them)
                ProServices

I want to add a reply to this to let anyone know who may be using this that this will create dashboards for the Self Service workspace only.  There is an Analyst, Asset, and Security workspaces which have a separate designer within the Workspaces client itself as of 2016.2 and beyond. 

• 5. Re: How to migrate WebAccess dashboards to WorkSpaces (BridgeIT)? (Without recreating them)
                  Mark6785 Apprentice

Damn good question Joe , thats exactly what I'm trying to do now.

I would just *love* a document telling me how to configure what a given user sees in the "analyst" and "self service" menus.

Ive been searching the website and trying things on the test server all morning - ive got nowhere.

I even found a "MANAGE DASHBOARDS" button in workspaces , but all that does is give you a more complete list of dashboards , with one option - click on one of the dashboards - when you do , you are editing it , nothing about who sees it or where.

• 6. Re: How to migrate WebAccess dashboards to WorkSpaces (BridgeIT)? (Without recreating them)
                    Mark6785 Apprentice

I found it ! I found it! its here:

Service Desk and Asset Manager help center

I also remembered a top tip from a previous foray into Bridgeit manangement - there are secret buttons on the right hand edge of the screen , and unless you have a ridiculous resolution setting you may have to manipulate the window to get scroll bars to ensure you really can see the right hand edge - or stretch it out over 2 monitors.