1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2016 10:17 AM by jaysmith

Patch Not Detected - No affected products found on computer

Rookie

Hello LANDesk Community,

I am having this patching problem with a couple of devices that I manage.  They have not been receiving any patches for a year now.  Upon checking the vulscan log, I see this message from all of the Microsoft patches, an example below:

VUL: 'MS16-018_MSU' (windows8.1-kb3134214-x64.msu) not detected.  No affected products found on computer.

VUL: 'MS16-019_MSU' (windows8.1-kb3127231-x64.msu) not detected.  No affected products found on computer.

VUL: 'MS16-022_MSU' (windows8.1-kb3135782-x64.msu) not detected.  No affected products found on computer.

The devices are Windows 2012 R2 DataCenter.  What could be possibly wrong with this?

Many thanks.

• 1. Re: Patch Not Detected - No affected products found on computer
          jaysmith SupportEmployee

"No affected products found on computer" indicates that the product which is updated by the patch is not found to be installed on the device in question.  However I believe there is also a problem where some of these definitions are replaced by more current definitions:

MS16-018_MSU - Replaced by MS16-034_MSU

MS16-019_MSU - Affected Products are various .Net versions between 3.5 and 4.6 - If one of these .net versions are not installed, the definition will not detect

MS16-022_MSU - Replaced by MS16-036_MSU

For the replaced definitions, you can run the "Disable replaced rules" wizard which will disable rules that have been replaced.  Ensure you are scanning for the newest definitions and then access the wizard by opening your console, going to Patch and Compliance, and clicking the toolbar icon for "Disable Replaced Rules" (second from the right on the toolbar).

The effect of this is that any definition such as the two above that have been replaced will no longer scan on any of your devices.