2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2016 10:53 AM by JBnCO

Disable random delay in inventory scans

RodrigoBC Apprentice

Hello everyone.

It is possible to deactivate the random delay for a inventory schedule-driven scan in Macintosh agents?

When I try to change it, the check appears grayed out.

Captura.PNG

Regards.

• 1. Re: Disable random delay in inventory scans
          LANDeskWizrd SSMMVPGroup

I don't believe there is a way as it is also grayed out on my core. I am running version 2016.

• 2. Re: Disable random delay in inventory scans
            JBnCO Apprentice

If you are running an agent prior to LD 2016, then you can crack open the agent and modify the baseagent.mpkg.  In the LDMSClient.mpkg/Contents/Packages/baseagent.pkg/Contents/Resources directory, there are a few files that you can look at to modify this.  With 9.6 SP2, it looks like you would want to ldcron.default.xml and ldcron.xml files. 

I used to modify every agent to lower these numbers and also add a -e -s to the ldiscan command but have not since upgrading to 9.6.  Support frowns on modifying the agent files when support is needed .

If you are running LD2016, I believe they have done some locking down of the agent in a DMG where if you try to extract and modify the agent, it will not install correctly.  I have not tested this yet as we are still on 9.6 SP2.