2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 8:43 AM by JonC

Unable to get network logons working for the Service Desk 2016 console

dunnsu Apprentice

Hello -

I'm unable to get network logons working for the Service Desk 2016 console.  I'm able to log in with the "SA" account, but I can't log in with my own account.  Nor can any of my other analysts.  Each one has a log in assigned.  The system setting is set to "All," which one of the manuals said should try the integrated login first and then move to the explicit login if the integrated login fails.  None of that seems to be working.

I've read every manual I could find and combed through this forum and still am having no luck.  Any insights from the community?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Unable to get network logons working for the Service Desk 2016 console
          CraigMiddelstadt Master

Try changing the logon policy to IntegratedOnly and if that works, then you may want to submit a bug with LANDesk.

Craig Middelstadt | Senior ITSM Consultant | Pangea Systems | www.pangeasystems.com

Pangea Systems Service Offerings

• LANDesk Service Desk
          • LANDesk Management Suite
          • LANDesk Data Analytics
          • FireScope
          • Shavlik
          • Nexthink
          • Avatier

Pangea Systems is a trusted partner of LANDesk Software.

• 2. Re: Unable to get network logons working for the Service Desk 2016 console
            JonC Apprentice

I am assuming this is for console only. In C:\ProgramData\LANDESK\ServiceDesk\servicedesk.Framework\tps.config (Replace "servicedesk" with the name of your instance.), do you have this key?

<add key="AuthenticationProvider" value="Touchpaper.Integrations.LDAPLogon.DirectoryServiceAuthenticationProvider" />

If not, I would add that to your tps.config. I would also make sure that DirectoryServiceAuthenticationConfiguration.xml and OpenLDAPSSLAuthenticationConfiguration.xml (in the same folder as tps.config) have the correct information for your environment.

With those files reflecting our environment and that key in tps.config, we are able to use LDAP authentication from the console. We are still on 7.8.2, though.