3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2017 2:34 AM by pawel.mos

Deleting Workspace Dashboards 2016.1

psythian Apprentice

Please note this is referencing the latest patch for Service Desk 2016.1

I installed the new 2016.1 patch on my test server and am loving the new Workspace Designer for Analysts, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to delete a Workspace, only edit it over and over again.

Also it seems that the name you select, (for the Workspace), when first created sticks and does not seem to change. Has anyone else experienced this?

It would be a bit silly to make this wonderful tool, and only get you a Create option, and not a Delete one.

• 1. Re: Deleting Workspace Dashboards 2016.1
          SupportEmployee

Hi, psythian,

I'm new to service desk product.

I think there are things cannot be deleted after creation, such as object and attribute, even though after creation some objects will never be used after creation.

So planning and designing ahead is pretty important.

Yong

• 2. Re: Deleting Workspace Dashboards 2016.1
            Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

I agree there should be a delete option. This applies to the dashboard designer in Workspaces and WebAccess. If we can delete console dashboards then why is it thought that we dont need in the browser UI's.

• 3. Re: Deleting Workspace Dashboards 2016.1
              SupportEmployee

Psythian,

The delete option has been implemented in the 2016.4 release.

https://help.ivanti.com/ld/help/en_US/LDSD/10.0/Default.htm#038 2016 New Features/ManageDashboards.htm%3FTocPath%3DRelease%2520documentation%7CNew%2520Features%25202016%7CService%2520Desk%2520and%2520Asset%2520Central%25202016.4%7C_____2

Managing dashboards in Workspaces

Previously, the Dashboard Designer in Workspaces enabled you to design dashboards and publish a single link for a dashboard to the menu. When a link to a dashboard was published, ALL users could access the dashboard. From 2016.4, you can specify which groups and roles can view each dashboard, and edit or delete dashboards using the Manage Dashboards component in the Administration menu group. You now manage the links to dashboards that appear in the menu separately using the Manage Menu page, described in Managing the menu in Workspaces.