11 Replies Latest reply on Apr 28, 2016 12:47 PM by JKoslowski

Error downloading file

JKoslowski Apprentice

I'm having trouble deploying an MSI file in a distribution package.  I just get an "Error downloading file" error code 105.  Below is the log from the client machine.  Win 7 Pro 64 bit and we're on Landesk 9.6 Sp1.

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:00 ******* sdclient starting to process task *******

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:00 Task id to process: 1603

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:00 Command line: /policyfile="C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Policies\CP.1603.RunNow._FXn04&#47iqLrd6Hj8QmnfTT2pxE3E=.xml"

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:00 File (\\ffcshare\Downloads\Win Magic\Default Deployment\SecureDoc_64.msi) is not in cache

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:00 The nostatus flag has NOT been set.

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:00 Core name 'AH-LD-VM' obtained from active task list

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:00 Sending task status, cmd line -coreandip=AH-LD-VM -taskid=1603 -retcode=229392444 "-ldap=CN=*****,OU=_Admin,DC=***,DC=***"

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 About to call DownloadFiles (1 files) with these settings:

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 m_allowedBandwidthWAN: 50

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 m_allowedBandwidthLAN: 75

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 m_discardPeriodSeconds: 604800

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 m_preserveDirectoryStructure: 1

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 m_bUseWanBWForPush: 0

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 m_bSynchronize: 0

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 Allowed download methods(m_downloadControl):

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 PeerOneSource

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 Peer

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 Source

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 m_preferredServerControl: AttemptPreferredServer

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 Download failed file not found at source(1): \\ffcshare\Downloads\Win Magic\Default Deployment\SecureDoc_64.msi

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:01 Download Error: err=11, path=\\ffcshare\Downloads\Win Magic\Default Deployment\SecureDoc_64.msi

Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:54:02 processing of package is complete, result -1918107543 (0x8dac0069 - code 105)

ffcshare is in our Preferred server list and the credentials do verify for the UNC path.

• 1. Re: Error downloading file
          wcoffey SupportEmployee

Hi JKoslowski, The first thing I suggest doing is this: From the client, navigate to the location of the file and manually attempt to transfer it. If this is successful, delete the file and from the distribution package on the core, right-click and reset package hash. Once complete restart your scheduled task. There are a few other thing s we can look at beyond the basics  if you continue to experience issues. Please keep me updated on your activity. Thanks

• 2. Re: Error downloading file
            JKoslowski Apprentice

I was able to download the file to the client.  I recreated the MSI package and created a new schedule task but it still gives the same error.

• 3. Re: Error downloading file
              wcoffey SupportEmployee

So, the file is stored on \\ffcshare\Downloads\Win Magic\Default Deployment\. The log you uploaded shows the following: Download failed file not found at source(1): \\ffcshare\Downloads\Win Magic\Default Deployment\SecureDoc_64.msi Let's do this, open up an admin cmd prompt, navigate to the ldclient directory and run the following cmd: pedownloader.exe /P="\\ffcshare\Downloads\Win Magic\Default Deployment\SecureDoc_64.msi" The CLI will show you whether or not the download attempt succeeded and a log file (pedownloader.log) will be created in programdata\landesk\log. Please let me know the results of this test. If a failure is encountered use the ip of your server instead of the DNS (ffcshare), you can also try the FQDN. Another test you can do is place the file (SecureDoc_64.msi)in the ldlogon directory on your core and modify your Distribution package to look at this path. Please keep me updated on your actions.

• 4. Re: Error downloading file
                JKoslowski Apprentice

Thank you for your help and responses on this.  Looks like it did download

Download.png

• 5. Re: Error downloading file
                  wcoffey SupportEmployee

Ok, so we know the download functionality is there and succeeds, but this was only a test. We still need to figure out why when distribution from the core we get : Download failed file not found at source(1): \\ffcshare\Downloads\Win Magic\Default Deployment\SecureDoc_64.msi This pedownloader test uses the logged on users credentials and by default, the distribution attempt from the core uses the Local System account. Let's try switching the account in the package, since pedownloader proves that the package resides in the location specified. The "file not found at source" may be a red herring.

• 6. Re: Error downloading file
                    JKoslowski Apprentice

Tried having it run under my admin account and then another domain admin.  While a user was logged in and not but still getting the same error.

• 7. Re: Error downloading file
                      masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

I don't know if this is important but you have spaces in your path. When you start the pedownloader, you put quotations around your path and this works. But in the sdclientxxx.log there are no quotation marks. Try to simple remove all the spaces in your folders and retry the task. Normally I would say LANDESK can handle it but ist worth a try...

Kind regards

Christian

• 8. Re: Error downloading file
                        JKoslowski Apprentice

Good idea but its still failing

• 9. Re: Error downloading file
                          LSattan Apprentice

I would also look through known issues, i seem to recall there was an issue a while back with MSI file downloads. is this part of a bundle? There is also a known issue with bundles downloading properly. Have yely ou reset the hash on the package? ive been having alot of download errors lately and sometimes resetting the hash works.

• 10. Re: Error downloading file
                            wcoffey SupportEmployee

Can you verify "ffcshare" exist in the preferredserver.dat file on the client (sdmcache directory).
                            As a test I suggest placing the file (SecureDoc_64.msi)in a share on your core server such as  ldlogon  and modify your Distribution package to look at this path.

• 11. Re: Error downloading file
                              JKoslowski Apprentice

RESOLVED

I've been working with LD support and we found the entry in the install Log

XTRACE Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:16:04 Top of InitCurl

XTRACE Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:16:04 Initialize curl using user supplied proxy 127.0.0.1:9592

XTRACE Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:16:04 Curl INFO: Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl

XTRACE Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:16:04 Curl INFO: Closing connection -1

Based upon that we copied the Curllib.dll from the core server in the LDClient folder over to the client computer's version which was out dated.  Restarted the client and we were then able to push the package to it.