1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 21, 2016 9:24 AM by andreas.lindner

Query on relationship business objects

Vicky1985 Apprentice

Hi

We would like a query which shows the following information:

Summary the call was logged with

Summary the call was closed with

Who closed the call

We will prompt the user for a specific date.

My issue is that I have tried creating said quesry on the incident module which doesnt show me the closure information there is a relationship between the incident and closure module but for some reason the summary information doesnt pull through.

I have then tried creating the query on the closure module which brings back all the information I would like but it doesnt show the calls which are close on creation.  I have tried adding the close on creation equals true into the criteria but this doesnt bring them all back.

Has anyone else had a similar issue which they have managed to resolve any help would be appriciated.

Thanks

Vicky

• 1. Re: Query on relationship business objects
          andreas.lindner Expert

Hi Vicky,

are you by chance familiar with the concept of Report Templates?

If not, it's a very long story but I try to keep it short.

A Report Template is a HTML Template mixed with some Place Holders from Service Desk (see attachment for example). It looks like this:

Report Template.JPG

As you can see it looks totally different in comparison to a simple query. The big thing is that you can calculate such a template and therefore display virtually any data you'd like to see or display images instead of a Status or Major Incident flag, etc.

There is an article in the help section (https://help.landesk.com/docs/help/en_US/LDSD/10.0/Default.htm#../Subsystems/Designer/Content/Object Designer/ReportTemplates.htm#kanchor60) you can read to get aquainted with report templates. The only thing that is not properly described is how to calculate such a report template. I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Add a new Attribute to your Incident Object for example. Call it e.g. "DashboardHTML", make it a String -1.

2. Write a calculation in that you return the HTML code (as in the Report Template for example) and query all needed information from your incident and from the associated collections (Calculations see: https://community.landesk.com/support/community/servicedesk/calculations)

3. Add a new Report Template onto your Incident Object and just enter the Place Holder {_DashboardHTML} (the name of the attribute we created first).

4. Now go to WebAccess/SelfService (as Administrator or better as SA) and select the Report Template:

WebAccess.JPG

I hope I could set you on the right track but to describe everything in this article is almost impossible.

Cheers!

Andreas