4 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2016 7:39 AM by GerhardL1

Scanning for computers no Mac will be found!

GerhardL1 Rookie

Hello,

I am a newbie in Landesk.

By scanning for computers all Windows and Linux-Machines are found.

But no Macintosh-Computer is found.

Ping and DNS works fine from the Landesk-Core to the clients and backwards.

What are the requriements to find the Macintosh-Computers?

Some of the clients are in the domain, and some of them are in a workgroup.

Greetings

Gerhard Locke

• 1. Re: Scanning for computers no Mac will be found!
          Northice Expert

GerhardL if you're using a Ping discovery inside of Unmanaged Device Discovery, you may need to check the "Other" folder within the menu tree, it's likely that your Macs are all sitting in there.  Due to firewall configurations and certain network variables, the NMAP technology used by LANDESK may not be able to properly discover the device as a "Computer."  In that situation, it puts the devices it successfully pings, but is unable to determine the type, into that "Other" folder.

Alternatively, if your Macs are on the domain, you can search for them via an LDAP lookup and that should return the proper information.

• 2. Re: Scanning for computers no Mac will be found!
            GerhardL1 Rookie

Hello,

sorry, for my late answer. Three weeks ago I had a training for Apple Mac OS and then two weeks holiday.

At the moment I test the scanning for Mac´s and I consider the tipps from Northice.

Maybe its helpfull.

• 3. Re: Scanning for computers no Mac will be found!
              GerhardL1 Rookie

Hello,

after two days on working with LANDESK Management Console, no success to find any Apple Macintosh computer. I tried to search via standard, NT-Domain and LDAP and virtuall hosts but nothing.

One client with an installed agent (this agent was installed by an technician of LANDESK at installation and configuration of the LANDESK software) are shown with the status failed icon. A ping with the ip-address or hostname works fine. A ssh connection to this client from my Mac or another Windows computer works fine. But LANDESK Management Console can´t etablish a connection. A manually task to deploy the agent fails with returncode 1026.

The manually task for deploying the agent to my own Mac ist succesfull (returncode 1084). But if I start a hardware- or softwarescan the action fails. The management console could´nt establish a connection.

I can´t find the mistake. Any ideas?

• 4. Re: Scanning for computers no Mac will be found!
                GerhardL1 Rookie

Hello,

now, today is Friday the 13th. I made a try to start a new scan for Mac and now there are some of the computer are found.

It´s enough to drive a person mad. But now it works.

I think this case can be closed.

Greetings

Gerhard