7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2010 2:13 AM by robinhood

Notify user of pending reboot when using sdclient /reboot in batch file

Rookie

I have created a batch file installation so we can upgrade our users to Symantec EP 11 and am struggling with an issue regarding rebooting after the software install.  The batch file I'm using calls another batch file to scour the users hard drive to delete all copies of extend.dat and then when done (assuming it passes an errorlevel of 0) it kicks off the Symantec installer by starting Setup.  When the install finishes it passes it's errorlevel (which happens to be 3010) back to the batch file which then executes the following code:

:reboot
      "c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\sdclient.exe" /msg="Rebooting"
      "c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\sdclient.exe" /on reboot /bat /p=%0 /cmds=post-reboot
      "c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\sdclient.exe" /reboot
      GOTO end

My issue is that when the reboot command is issued it reboots the machine immediately.  How can I get it to issue the user a warning that the machine is going to reboot so that they can save their work?  I want the reboot to be forced but need some way of letting them save their work.  Is there a delay option for sdclient that I can use?  Maybe a different way to do this?

Thanks!!