This is the sort of thing that the Data Analytics module is built for. It isn't a standard module though it does cost extra.
MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation
LANDESK One Development Partner
Try MarXtar State Management for LANDESK to Better Understand and Manage your Assets
We have Data Analytics. But it's still not straight forward how to achieve this.
here a small how to.
1. Create a new LDAP Import rule in Data Translation Service
2. Check Management Suite - Computer Data
3. Check your LDAP URL, maybe you need User Credentials to read the LDAP
4. Select the LDAP Container or leave empty and check "Search Subcontainers" for the complete LDAP
a. Check the Object Type "Other"
5. Change the LANDESK Attribute to Primary Owner and the AD Attribute to the distinguishedName
a. Both Attribute need the same value!
6. Select your LDAP Property and join to the database Attribute
a. department -> Computer.Department
b. physicalDeliveryOfficeName -> Computer.Office
7. Run the rule on selected device
a. Move from the network view an computer to the rule
Important to know is, LANDESK LDDA will use as default the LANDESK Login Name value for the LDAP Import. But only when you change to "other" you have the opportunity to use primary owner.
Thanks Andreas, that's what I was after, I sort of worked it out myself late on Friday but good to have it confirmed. Cheers!