3 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 12:39 PM by dmshimself

cant save process without crashing console

mikefarrow Rookie

Hi all,

have any of you had a problem saving a process? we've created one based on the HR Module, activity and the starter process.  When I try to add to it the console hangs with the error message that the operation has timed out and crashes.  Resulting in me having to reboot our application server.

I need this process so I can move away form paper forms to electronic.  I've attached a couple of screenshots of the error from the log files.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

• 1. Re: cant save process without crashing console
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

That error is from another part of LDSD, but does indicate something is up.  You might want to increase the message request length as that sometimes gives odd errors when the size of the process tips over a limit.  I'd also increase the webtimeout in your console.config just to see if that helps and also stop the other applications running on that server.  The performance guide is worth looking through as well for other hints on improving performance.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: cant save process without crashing console
            mikefarrow Rookie

Thanks for the response, you pointed me in the right direction on the application server I changed the following;

'\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Service Desk\WebApp\Framework\tps.config' file

<add key="CommandTimeout" value="300"/>

to

<add key="CommandTimeout" value="600"/>

• 3. Re: cant save process without crashing console
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I was close!  Glad it's working.  I think the docs say the recommended value for CommandTimeout is more than 300 and yet the product still offers this as the default value.  Sometimes the left hand cannot see what the right hand is writing. :-)