1 of 1 people found this helpful
First up - what version / service pack / patch level are you on? That's general information that's always helpful. (There haven't been any "fix CBA crashing" type fixes in many years that I recall, but the info can help for specific logs & so on).
So - a couple of things to help you along.
1 - How to enable debug-logging -- read the article here -- https://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-32532
2 - The logs you want to be looking at that should include some sort of indication of what's going on would be client-side - "on the device(-s) where this is happening" - in the following locations (assuming you're on LANDesk Management Suite 9.6 or newer):
The logs you want to have a look at initially would be:
=> This is the log of "Core has contacted me / Core has told me to do stuff". I don't think this will be directly responsible, but if you have a pattern of "every time the client does X something goes bad" you are much closer to finding out what the cause is.
=> This is the log for the actual Management Agent
=> Additional log around the resident agent. Less likely to have something, but for completeness.
... have a peek in those, see if there's anything useful to begin with. If there's "nothing of note" in the logs as they are, turn on the debug-logging options & wait for things to fall over ... you should have a much richer data set to go with.
Hope this helps.
Hi, and thanks, it's very useful
i found the answer, it's the landesk console which goes wrong :
. If you click in a scheduled task/all device, then clic on a computer x1, then do a right clic, then properies, let's imagine the agent is in red.
. Now you do the same thing on computer x1, but in the device view : the agent common base state become green, because it only refresh the state of the agent in the device view.
. And then, some seconds/minuts after, go back into your scheduled task/all devices view, and see the common base agent state will be green.
Hope it will help.
Hmm - agent discovery essentially gets kicked off the same way across the various bits.
Have a look at this article that covers how to troubleshoot agent discovery-- https://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-35474 -- it could be that there's other elements getting in your way (this also includes a workflow of how the process works).
It's a matter of interface, not a matter of discovery. The panel of the scheduled tasks displaying the targeted item is lazy. If you drag and drop a scope, you won't see the name of the scope but "unknow", even if when you goes in the properties, the scope name targeted is correctly resolved.
And for the agent, it's the same, you have to use the device view. Weird...
Reported as a bug to the support.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Ah OK - got you. 2 things for that.
1 - As of LANDesk Management Suite 2016, you can (and lots of us do out of convenience) use the TARGETS section of a task to add / remove targets.
2 - The part about "unknown" is only a place holder until the task actually starts. For efficiency purposes, the scheduler actually only goes resolving queries / groups / stuff that has been attached to a task only when the task is actually started.
3 - Once the task has been started, we keep the relevant query / scope in there, as a visual identifier within the scheduled task that there's a resolvable object. "Unknown" is a solution by necessity. A scope / LD query isn't a device - and the DB table where the list of devices targeted by each task exists is primarily fuelled by computer identifiers.
Here are the resolved items (and the scope placeholder) after I've started my task - note that the icons are quite different, indicating whether the object is a scope, a LD query or whatnot.
So it's a bit of a historical hang-up, but makes sense in a historical context (bear in mind that some of this stuff is reaching back quite a many years) - but that part isn't really about background discovery. This part of the console is just to show you "device X is / is not part of this task".
1. I'm Under 9.6, so it will be cool in the future to have this feature
2/3. It's weird of a new user like me, and it's not even logical for a simple read (but i got your explanation, it's just a general remark for all users). Better will be just to name in Scope or Scopes to understand that there are some scope objects to resolve in the view.
Thanks for yoour input.
Happy to be of aid .
Product improvements / feature updates/changes can be suggested / requested in this place -- https://community.landesk.com/support/community/enhancementrequests -- where PM keep an eye on things .
Regards & have an awesome week!