5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 9, 2016 8:13 AM by mvanwyk

xtraction record count

fayaz_landesk Apprentice

Hi All,

Kindly advise if there is any limit on the number of rows that can be displayed or exported in xtraction dashboard or document. The default is set to 5000 which can be increased to the desired value, just wanted to confirm if there is any threshold limit for this.

Also, is it possible to increase this limit only for a user or group or access type (Ex: all enterprise designers) rather than increasing at application level.

Thanks,

Fayaz

• 1. Re: xtraction record count
          fahussain Apprentice

Hi Fayaz,

to answer to you first question i have set the default in xtraction as 10 million ( 10000000) i think it should be enough for a database to display i do think there is any threshold limit set but developer of xtraction can confirmed this.

and to the second part of the question to be honest it is a very  good features to have but currently i think is not restricted to a particular group it is at application level.

Thanks

Farooq

• 2. Re: xtraction record count
            fayaz_landesk Apprentice

Thanks much Farook. Yes, I have tested the limit to 100,000  records and it works fine. However, would love to hear from experts on the optimum threshold for xtraction and also a confirmation if this limit can only be set  at application level and not at user/group level.

• 3. Re: xtraction record count
              mvanwyk SupportEmployee

Hi Fayaz,

The row limit can only be set at application level, not at group or user level. We usually recommend at value of around 10,000 for this setting.

There is no limit on what value can be used here that I am aware of, but it is important to understand that pulling a very large number of rows from a data source will put load both on the database server and the Xtraction server. If you are looking to extract millions of rows from a database, it would be better to do it at database level on the database server rather than through Xtraction.

Thanks

Mark

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: xtraction record count
                fayaz_landesk Apprentice

Hi Mark,

Thanks much for your answer. However, I have noticed that xtraction gives errors while trying to get more than 5000 rows in the record list component where any notes column is selected. I have tested this by removing the notes column and it works fine untill around 20000 records.

Any inputs around record list component? Moreover, the error that comes up in the log everytime is an Oracle TNS error, not sure why a TNS error comes up for this.

Thanks,

Fayaz

• 5. Re: xtraction record count
                  mvanwyk SupportEmployee

Hi Fayaz,

This sounds like a problem specific to your environment rather than an issue with Xtraction - the record list functionality supports more than 20,000 records. You will get an Oracle error if the problem was on an Oracle data source and the Oracle database server has issues processing the request from Xtraction.

Thanks

Mark

1 of 1 people found this helpful