1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2016 8:54 AM by Senta

How to configure Resource explorer properly(SCCM - Service Desk)

smokehead Apprentice

Hello,

1.How to check the properly configuration of Parameters:

for example:

APPPATH1 ${ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\

APPPATH2 ${ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\i386

The SCCM console path is:

sccm console.JPG

2.What do we need to do from SCCM side?

In Landesk we have MachineID attribute which imports the right ResourceID from SCCM by Computer SerialNumber to Computer in Configuration Management, but when I adding that MachineID with business object(Computer) in Desktop Manager, then I try to get any resoults in WebDesk and choosing from 3 options Microsoft SCCM:
      a.resource explorer

b.SCCM configuration management console

c.Remote Desktop

Nothing happens with no error, no helpfull log informations, just nothing.

Regards

• 1. Re: How to configure Resource explorer properly(SCCM - Service Desk)
          Senta SupportEmployee

Hello smokehead,

from your screenshot it looks like your Admin Console has been installed under D:\ConfigMgr\AdminConsole\bin\, but the App-paths you added to the note say ${ProgramFiles}\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\

Which would normally translate as C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\

So you will need to add D:\ConfigMgr\AdminConsole\bin\ and D:\ConfigMgr\AdminConsole\bin\i386 to the App-paths to start the correct executable (for this machine).

Please note that in this case ALL admin consoles on ALL machines needs to be installed under D:\ConfigMgr\AdminConsole\bin\

Be so kind to open a case with LANDesk Support, should you see further problems.

Regards

Jan Sawade

LANDesk Support