1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 8:13 AM by GreggSmith

Advanced Filter in Data Policy?

cmajewsk Apprentice

I have data policies setup in Xtraction by the Company field in BMC Remedy. That way each company can only see their own metrics, and cannot view other companies metrics. I have an issue where there are people associated with another company and we have these people grouped into different sites within this company. I want one company to be able to see data generated from these people in one of the groupings as they are support them.

So for example what we have:

Data Policy A: BMC\Incidents = Company A

Data Policy B: BMC\Incidents = Company B

What we need

Data Policy A: BMC\Incidents = Company A & Company B/Site 1

I have tried adding the Company B/Site 1 with an advanced filter like I do with dashboards and reports where it works. However, when I do that in the Data Policy Filter, the reports generate no data for anyone that is assigned to that security Policy.

The advanced filter looks like:

AND

Submit date during this month

OR

Company equals A

AND

Company equals B

Customer Site equals 1

Any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Advanced Filter in Data Policy?
          GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Hello,

I just came across this post.  It was not in the Xtraction section (which I try to monitor), so I did not see it until now.  I am going to move it to the Xtraction area after posting my reply.

Did you ever get this problem resolved?

The logic of your Advanced Filter does look correct; however, are you sure you want to restrict the customers to only seeing this month's metrics?  If you don't want to restrict the age of the data in the data policy, then it would simply look like this:

OR

Company equals A

AND

Company equals B

Customer Site equals 1

If you were not able to identify your problem (like you were seeing no results because no data was submitted during the current month), then you may have come across a bug.

Thanks,

Gregg