5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 6:01 AM by phoffmann

No ldlogon/pwm folder found

Jon Miller Apprentice

I have just installed the new LDMS 2016 or LDMS 10, whatever it is officially called, and built an agent configuration with a very simple power management profile. When I deploy the agent, everything installs fine. When I run an on demand Security Scan through the GUI on the client PC, it throws an error when attempting to update the power configuration. I have attached some screen shots for some assistance of the vulscan log and other locations. From what I can gather, the agent is looking for the settings in a location that doesn't exist (http://sciXXXX.local/ldlogon/pwm). Is there a way to re-mediate this?

Thanks for your help!

• 1. Re: No ldlogon/pwm folder found
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Hmm - if the PWM behaviour doesn't exist the client can't grab it ... do you see any errors in the console log when you're creating your power manager configuration?

You should still see your PWM config itself in the console (as that's saved in the DB) ... maybe there's something weird going on from a NT-permission point of view & our process fails to write out the needed XML because of rights or so?

• 2. Re: No ldlogon/pwm folder found
            Jon Miller Apprentice

Attached is my console.exe.log from the core (I think that is what you suggested) and the only thing I can make sense of is 2 items don't have defaults.... not sure why it says that or if it is of any relation to this issue.

• 3. Re: No ldlogon/pwm folder found

OK - I've re-read this, and caught something I've missed earlier.

The Power Management Agent Behaviours should be (along with the other agent behaviours) here (assuming default install location) -- C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldlogon\AgentBehaviors\ -- so that'd be -- http://YourServer.YourOrg.YourFQDN/ldlogon/AgentBehaviors/ -- and not (...)/ldlogon/pwm/ ... (and that's true whether you're)

So a couple of clarifying questions:

• Is your end-point a MAC or Windows? (Doesn't make much of a difference, both Windows & MAC power management behaviours go into /ldlogon/AgentBehavior/ ). I only ask so I can compare apples to apples as it were.
              • Is this a "straight up" install of 2016, or did you upgrade from a previous version (if so - which)?
              • Does the Core create the PWM behaviour file in the expected location (i.e. - LDLOGON/AGENTBEHAVIOR/ )? Just to make sure this isn't a Core-side problem.
              • Can you double-check / confirm the version of your client (i.e. - are you sure you installed the LD 2016 agent on it)?

... I've had a look back at 9.6 and 9.5 Core Servers ... is it possible that the following is your actual problem?

• 9.5 and 9.6 both have a LDLOGON/PWM/ directory structure. So I'm suspecting that you've got either a 9.5 or a 9.6 agent talking to a 2016 Core ... is it possible it's something as simple as that? That you've not updated the client(s) and they're looking in the "wrong" location (because LD 2016 has moved all of the agent behaviours into a single place) perhaps?
              • 4. Re: No ldlogon/pwm folder found
                Jon Miller Apprentice

The last bullet put me in the correct direction- it was an update to the agent versions. We went from 9.6sp2 to 2016 and ran the standalone installer and it did not clean up some of the settings from the 9.6 agent on some of the endpoints. Thanks for the help!

• 5. Re: No ldlogon/pwm folder found

Glad we got to the bottom of it .