0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2016 8:37 AM by SpencerTC

Power Management; Configuring the minutes in plans & requiring password on wakeup

SpencerTC Apprentice

Hello, all! I have a few questions regarding Power Management that I can't seem to find solutions to in the manual. I've been tasked with creating power schemes for our institution, and we're divided among several campuses & departments. This translates to several areas requiring different power on/off times. One of the big problems I have is that these areas open & close at specific times, and they usually need the PCs to power down prior to their closing to help usher students out. But my big problem is that LANDesk only seems to allow configuration of time by the hour only (7 PM, 8 PM, 9 PM, etc.). I've been requested to have devices shut off at 8:55 PM (with a warning pop-up message appearing at 8:50 PM) to allow the lab staff to have everything ready to lock up by 9 PM.

• My first question is how can I be able to configure the minutes of these tasks within power management? There doesn't seem to be any option to do so, but I've had a recommendation that something like that might be feasible with local scheduler changes. But I'm not familiar with that.

• My second question is if there is a way for LANDesk to push a warning/pop-up notification to said user that the machine will be shutting down in x amount of minutes? I want to say something like this is possible within windows, but I couldn't find if there was a method to do this within LANDesk.

• The third question I have is if there is a way to configure the PCs to return to the logon screen upon wakeup (from sleep mode). We focus on privacy for the students, staff & faculty, so if they walk away for a bit and their PC goes to sleep, we want the PC to return to the logon screen upon wakeup. I know this is a Windows setting and may require a GPO configuration, but was there a way to achieve this in LANDesk?

I'm currently running Management Suite 2016 (10.0.0.271).