7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 1, 2016 5:48 AM by phoffmann

crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe

kvv Apprentice

show this windows:

in win event:
      Application Error, id 1000

Имя сбойного приложения: LDAPWhoAmI.exe, версия:, метка времени: 0x56a79182

Имя сбойного модуля: MSVCR110.dll, версия: 11.0.51106.1, метка времени: 0x5098858e

Код исключения: 0xc0000417

Смещение ошибки: 0x0009f979

Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0xae4

Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d1d04c079041d9

Путь сбойного приложения: C:\PROGRA~1\LANDesk\LDCLient\LDAPWhoAmI.exe

Путь сбойного модуля: C:\PROGRA~1\LANDesk\LDCLient\MSVCR110.dll

Идентификатор отчета: 4668b9f9-3c3f-11e6-bc56-ecb1d72e8ff9

Полное имя сбойного пакета: %14

Код приложения, связанного со сбойным пакетом: %15

this problem It occurs when inventory runs, process ldiscn.

anyone else seen this problem?

• 1. Re: crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe
          cjensen SupportEmployee

Are you seeing this error when kicking off an inventory scan from the core or directly from the machine? Are you seeing this on multiple machines or just this one? Please let me know.

• 2. Re: crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe
            kvv Apprentice

This error turn up when start inventory scan from the core or according to the schedule configured in the agent inventory.

• 3. Re: crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

So LDAPWHOAMI doesn't do a lot of complicated stuff - it tries to resolve "who is the user in AD" (i.e. - what groups does he belong to) and tries to do the same for the machine it's on.

You can run LDAPWHOAMI "standalone" (and it'll give you the output it finds) - so you can check if it'll crash if you "just' run it (I've never seen it crash to date myself). Since it interacts with AD, you may benefit from having something like PROCMON running, to see if there's anything obvious around its crashing and - if there isn't - then providing the PROCMON trace to our support would be helpful as a starting point.

The exe doesn't really do anything complicated, so somewhat surprised to see it crash. Is that just on "one box" or is that happening consistently across your estate?

• 4. Re: crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe
                kvv Apprentice

We found the problem: distinguishedName (user account parameter from active directory) It has too many characters, in our case 285. In ldms9.6sp2 the problem was not.

• 5. Re: crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe

Ah cool - good to hear that this you got unstuck then .

You can request the latest service update for LD 2016 from LANDesk Support (SU3 at the moment - SU4 should be out in a few weeks), that will probably include updates for the same binary in 2016 I'd expect.

If NOT, then just open this as a regular support ticket & this should be a fairly quick affair, since you've tracked down where the problem is already.

• 6. Re: crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe
                    kvv Apprentice

We found the problem but does not fix it  because we can not change the length OU in AD. For us it is not a solution. Tell me please where to download SU3.

• 7. Re: crashed module LDAPWhoAmI.exe

That's why I said to get in touch with LANDesk support - they can make it available to you.

Contact details can be found here:

- http://www.landesk.com/support/contact/