1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 4:57 AM by phoffmann

    Conflicting CBA results

    djanoian Rookie

      I'm getting some conflicting CBA results.

       

      We are using the LanDesk Management suite 2016 10.0.0.271.  When I look at the agent properties of a workstation (right-click > Properties > Agents Tab), it shows the CBA agent Status as not loaded.  (this is my PC)

      When a co-worker using the same Management suite version looks at the same workstations CBA status, it shows his CBA agent Status as loaded. (his pc)

      We are both using the same Core Server.

      To add to this, nearly every workstation I see has the CBA agent showing as not loaded, and nearly all the ones he looks as shows as loaded.

      • Same Management Suite (2016, 10.0.0.271)
      • Same workstations
      • Different CBA results

       

      We have confirmed the workstation checked in less than 24 hours ago.

       

       

      Question:  (1) Why am I getting different results (2) which do I trust, my results or my co-workers results.

       

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks in advance.

       

       

      Deek Janoian

      IT Desktop Services

        • 1. Re: Conflicting CBA results
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

          All right - so ...

           

          • Here's a good article on troubleshooting agent discovery (also - take note of my comments @ the bottom) - How to troubleshoot Agent Discovery - that should help along a little bit.

           

          • While you & your colleague are using the same Core, are you using it both via RDP (i.e. - you RDP to the Core & open up the console once there), or do you have your own remote consoles installed?

           

          • I'm guessing your colleague is "local admin" of the device / console he's working on. Are you sure you are? Reason I ask is that Microsoft networking behaves differently when you're a local admin versus not (usually something that trips people over when running UDD scans). It's one of those things that doesn't make a lot of sense but "it's a thing".

           

          Agent discovery works on the relevant Console (be it on the Core or a remote one) trying to do a background discovery (essentially "a ping" on port 9595) to the relevant device. There's a bunch of ways that this can usually go wrong:

           

          ... that should be enough to get you started.

           

          I figure / suspect that each set of results is "correct" from its own vantage point - it's just that you've got some networking shenanigans going on (for whatever reason) - but armed with the article, you will have plenty of information in how to track it (Wireshark is awesomely helpful) and what you need to do .

           

          Hope that helps.