3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2016 2:38 AM by phoffmann

Autofix using custom group

Apprentice

Hi Everyone,

Is it true that we can not use Autofix for the patches available in custom group of our choice, I am specifically talking about LDMS 2016, If we cannot then why is it so? If we can then how?

Thank you,

• 1. Re: Autofix using custom group
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

You can set Autofix for vulnerabilities that are in custom groups just fine.

Patch_CustomGroup_Autofix.jpg

"Autofix" doesn't care about whether the vulnerability is in a custom group or not ... it's a "tag" on each vulnerability whether or not it is autofix-able.

What you can't have is an "inconsistent" autofix - so "Autofix enabled" for the custom group, but have autofix disabled on the "all vulnerabilities" version of the same vulnerability. It's 1 setting that follows the vulnerability (whether it's a "global" or a scope-based autofix).

... not sure why you think you couldn't do this . Works fine.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Autofix using custom group
            Apprentice

Thank you phoffmann, It does make sense ""Autofix" doesn't care about whether the vulnerability is in a custom group or not ... it's a "tag" on each vulnerability whether or not it is autofix-able."

Earlier I read somewhere in this community in comments that it won't work with custom group, cleared my doubt now, it works 100% perfectly because it's just a tag.

• 3. Re: Autofix using custom group
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

No problem - happy to help / clarify .